Usually I do a social calendar at the beginning of every month to list all that is happening in the city. But this month is extra special, so instead, I will do a number of posts about different kinds of Christmas markets in Berlin. Starting with one for your little ones. Here’s presenting five Christmas markets in Berlin that are perfect for a day or evening out with your munchkins.
1. Adventiamo Children’s Christmas Market
A wide range of hands-on activities and Christmas delicacies, including workshops, storytelling, Santa Claus, theatre performance and a different theme every advent weekend.
- Address: Freizeit- und Erholungszentrum, An der Wuhlheide 197, 12459 Berlin
- Dates: 30.11/1.12, 7.12/8.12, 14.12/15.12, 21.12/22.12
- Opening hours: Saturday and Sunday 12 pm – 6 pm
- Admission: day ticket €2 (includes children’s museum, indoor play area and cinema), plus equipment, family of 3 or more people: €1.50 per person
2. Nikolausmarkt at the Kinderbauernhof Pinke-Panke
Here your little ones can play, run riot, do handicrafts and you will forget that you are actually in the big city. There are handicrafts, baking, games, a bonfire and gift wrapping sessions.
- Address: Kinderbauernhof Pinke-Panke, Am Bürgerpark 15-18, 13156 Berlin
- Date: 7 December 2019
- Opening hours: 2 pm – 6 pm
- Admission is free!
3. Rudower Weihnachtsmeile
Krokusstraße in Rudow is transformed into an area for strolling, illuminated by light chains and stars, with an exciting programme for children, which includes magic show, various handicrafts, children’s face painting, a carousel, can throwing and hook-a-duck. Santa Claus also pays a visit and gives little gifts.
- Address: Alt-Rudow / Krokusstraße, 12357 Berlin
- Date: 21 and 22 December 2019
- Opening hours: Saturday 12-22:00, Sunday 11-21:00
- Free admission
4. Weihnachtsrummel on Landsberger Allee
Fun for the whole family, classics at this Christmas market include throwing and shooting galleries, carousels, roller coasters, a hall of mirrors and bumper cars. Highlights are the 80-metre-high swing carousel and the huge Christmas pyramid. The Chaos-Air-Port is a unique fun house. It is a varied obstacle course with a hall of mirrors and smoke chamber, where the floor is pulled away from under your feet. Afterwards, children and adults can relax in the cosy Berlin village with seating areas and fireplaces.
- Address: Landsberger Allee 364, 10265 Berlin
- Date: 22 November to 29 December 2019
- Opening hours: Monday to Thursday 2 pm – 10 pm, Friday and Saturday 2 pm – 10:30 pm, Sunday 12 pm – 9:30 pm. 24 November (Totensonntag [Sunday before Advent on which the dead are commemorated]): either closed or Christmas market without music, 24 December 2019: closed.
- Admission: free
5. Zehlendorf Christmas market
Traditional Christmas market delicacies and an artificial ice rink make this neighbourhood market extra special. There is a large children’s area and handicraft stations
- Address: Dorfanger Zehlendorf, 14169 Berlin
- Date: 25 November to 30 December 2019
- Opening hours: Sunday – Thursday 11:00 am to 9:00 pm, Friday – Saturday 11:00 am to 10:00 pm, Christmas Eve from 10:30 am to 4:00 pm, Christmas Day and Boxing Day from 10:30 am to 8:00 pm
- Free admission, €2.50 on the day for the artificial ice rink