When you are pinched for time, and need a filling, protein-rich dinner, spicy shrimps with cabbage steaks are a great option. It takes about 30 minutes, and requires only a handful of ingredients.
Tip: Get the steaks going first and then make prawns to save time.
Spicy Garlic Shrimps
(recipe inspired by Make This):
- 20 shrimps
- 4 cloves of chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 3 tbsp of Sriracha
- 1/2cup of butter
- Melt butter in the pan, and the add chopped garlic. Cook until garlic starts to turn brown.
- Add Sriracha and chili flakes, and mix thoroughly. Allow ingredients to come together by cooking them all together for another minutes or so.
- Add shrimps and mix well, allowing it to cook before turning them over to cook from the other side as well. Shrimps cook quickly, so it should take about 8-10 minutes at most.
- Set aside.
(recipe inspired by Dinner then Dessert):
- 1 head cabbage , dark loose leaves removed
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice the cabbage into 1/2 inch thick steaks
- Brush with oil on both sides and place onto cookie sheet.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Roast for 17-20 minutes or until caramelized.
- Allow them to cool for a minute and then top it up with spicy garlic shrimps.
P.S. I know the picture isn’t the best, but I was really hungry and could only manage a picture from my phone before digging in.