Here are some numbers to crunch on – you spend about a year and a half of your life in bathroom, and 43% of people say that bathroom is one of their favourite places to get time to themselves. This statistic is particularly true for those of you have recently added Mimi Coco bathroom fittings to your home. Everyone spends part of each day in their bathroom. So wouldn’t it be nice to keep such an important place fresh, odourless and pleasant? Wouldn’t it be great to clear off all the grease and scum from your Shower Glass Panel? And how about doing it all without spending a pretty dime?
Here are six easy and cheap ways you can freshen up your bathroom and kick mould and mildew out effectively:
1. Baking Soda: placing a small bowl with baking soda in your bathroom will help to absorb smells. You can add an extra touch and decorate the bowl with flowers, but please make sure not to cover the powder as it will reduce its effectiveness. To stay fresh, replace the baking soda in the bowl every month.
2. Lemons: another natural ingredient you can use is sliced lemons. They are great at absorbing smells and neutralizing ordours. To keep the bathroom smelling fresh over time, change the lemon slices once a week.
3. Vinegar: a cup of white vinegar placed in the shower when it is not in use will help to absorb ordours from the shower area. Also, spraying it in the walls and the shower curtain in the bathroom prevent mildew from growing.
4. Essential Oils: lavender and eucalyptus oils can do wonders in your bathroom, covering up even the strongest odours. Warm up a few drops in a diffuser and place it in there, to refresh the air in your bathroom. Alternatively, you can put some eucalyptus or lavender leaves in a pot or dribble essential oil onto a piece of cotton and place it inside the toilet paper roll and put it somewhere that will remain fairly dry.
5. Natural Air Freshener: combine 2 cups of water, a tablespoon of white vinegar and a teaspoon of baking soda with 10 drops of an essential oil to make a chemical free air freshener. Leave it in your bathroom and use it as needed!
6. Rubbing alcohol: mix three parts of water with one part of rubbing alcohol, add in about 10 drops of essential oil and spray where needed. This trick works as an all natural air freshener, to soak up bathroom smells.
A big shoutout to helping.ae, an online platform for household services in the Middle East, for sharing these valuable tips with us.
People who require a roll in shower, due to mobility issues that makes accessibility something to be factored in when showering, could use barrier free shower pans.