I love my friends who happily cook for me, and whip up amazing meals in the time it takes me to make coffee (from a sachet). I met Nats last night and she treated me to an amazing meal, made from INSTANT NOODLES! Yes, there were a handful of other ingredients involved but it took about 10-15 minutes to make it, and it tasted great. And I just had to share this recipe to help all those who are neither fond nor good at cooking (including moi).
So, here it goes!
WHAT YOU NEED (serves 2):
- 3 packs of Instant Noodles (you can choose any brand and flavor you like – we went for Maggi)
- 1 cup frozen veggies (peas, carrots, corns)
- 3 mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 cup cabbage (sliced)
- 2 tbsp black soya sauce
- 2 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp chicken powder
- Oil (to fry the chicken strips and stir fry veggies)
- 6 frozen chicken strips
- Pour oil in a pan over medium heat. Once heated, add chicken strips. Turn them occasionally until golden brown. When done, take the pan off the stove.
- In another pan, add a 4 tbsp oil and add ginger garlic paste. Stir it for a minute and then add frozen vegetables. Mix them properly, and let them cook until the veggies are half done. Then add mushrooms and cabbage, and stir it for 20 seconds. Add soya sauce, chicken powder and chili garlic sauce, and give it a quick stir. Let it cook for a few more seconds and then take it off the stove.
- Add prescribed water to a pot and cook noodles (follow the instructions on the packet). Do not add the spices that come with the noodles yet. Once the noodles are cooked and soft, take the pot off the stove, drain the water and keep the noodles aside.
- On serving plates, equally distribute the spices that came with the noodles. Add cooked noodles on top and mixed well. Then add veggies, and mix again. Top it with chicken strips and voila! You are done. Enjoy it with a beverage of your choice.
I love how this recipe uses a lot of veggies and is a complete, filling meal. Do try it out and let me know what you think 🙂