I have been harboring this beauty secret for a while now – about eight months to be precise.
Back in the day, when I rocked bangs and 1960s layers, I would frequently (read: daily) shampoo the front patch of my hair as it would get oil and lanky. It was during those donkey years that I first discovered dry shampoos. Unfortunately, I didn’t have that experimental bone to research and find the one for me, so I conveniently put it behind me and got by with Baby Johnson’s Powder*.
When I relocated to Dubai, my hair chose to rebel and went berserk. From hair fall to embarrassing dandruff and uncalled for oiliness, you name it and I had it.
Anyway. So when my cousin was visiting from Canada, I asked another cousin of mine (who happens to be a hair expert) for a recommendation. Well, being the generous soul that she is, she sent her recommendations along with my cousin. She knows everything about hair, from the best products to use like the best shampoo for colored hair to the best hairspray for frizzy hair, so I know she would provide some quality products for me.
She sent two bottles of Klorane Dry Shampoo with Nettle Extract.
For all my excitement, I was a little hesitant to use it in the beginning and quite unsure as well (despite explicitly written instruction). But once I got used to it, it had certainly made it to one of my all time favorite beauty products that can save a day! And if it helps, it has won Elle Beauty Award a couple of times – here’s the universal validation we need.
What I love about Klorane Dry Shampoo with Nettle Extract:
- Incredibly effective. Oil and dirt literally disappears after a minute of spraying the product
- Very light, no smell/fragrances and leaves no powdery residue
- Extremely easy to use – spray, hold, brush and you are done
- It adds beautiful volume and bounce to my hair
- Wear it after a blow dry and it can increase the longevity
- It’s my go to product if I am unable to wash my hair or have an important meeting where I want everything perfect (especially my hair)
On the flip side, the effect for my hair lasts up to 8 hours. And in case I delay washing my hair for too long (say 12 hours) after using Klorane Dry Shampoo with Nettle Extract, I usually get a bad case of dandruff and the oil resurfaces shamelessly.
I have personally used this product and love it. When I run out of it, I will definitely repurchase (and I don’t repurchase much besides my shampoo).
If you have tried any of the Best dry shampoo options out there, or have a story to share, please know we are all ears 😀
* Baby Johnson’s Powder used to be my alternative to dry shampoo at some point in time. Just drizzle some on your oily roots, brush and blow away the remains. The effect isn’t even close to what Klorane does but well, better than nothing!