Courtesy Gulf News, we have a combined list of all the happening places that will be buzzing on NYE. Check it out and make reservations – FAST!
1. Emeli Sande, Pete Tong, Axwell and Paul Oakenfold at Sandance at Atlantis, The Palm: Ring in New Year’s Eve on the sand with some of the biggest DJs and pop acts — and the small matter of the world’s biggest firework display at midnight. 3pm-3am. Entry is only via buses from American University of Dubai, last bus onto the Palm is at 9pm.
Reservations: Tickets range between Dh450 and Dh600 at virginmegastore.me, for table packages call 055-2004321.
2. Omarion performs at 2liv @ Sofitel Hotel, Palm Jumeirah: One of Dubai’s newest spots, the duplex venue 2LIV will be hosting Grammy-nominated, multi-platinum R&B singer Omarion, who’ll be sure to entertain crowds with hits such as Ice Box and Know You Better. 9pm-4am.
Reservations: Dh600 per person, inclusive of house beverages. Tickets available at platinum.ae. Table packages available for Dh7,000 (8 people), Dh10,000 (10 people) and Dh15,000 (18 people). For more information, call 055-9867182.
3. Vanilla Ice performs at N’Dulge Club at Atlantis, The Palm: With hits such as Ice, Ice Baby and Play That Funky Music, ‘90s MC Vanilla Ice will take over Atlantis, The Palm’s N’Dulge Night Club. Alongside him will be DJs David Craig and Dean Curtis spinning R&B hits. The doors open at 7pm, and there will be a terrace view of the fireworks with brothers Marko and Safe providing beats. 8pm-4am.
Reservations: Dh300 per person. Tickets available at platinum.ae. Tables available for Dh5,000 (5 people), Dh8,000 (8 people), and Dh10,000 (10 people). For more information, call 055-2004322.
4. 360º & audio tonic, Jumeirah Beach Hotel: From 9pm onwards, DJs Mr Mr, Raxon and Rod Lee Winters will be spinning a selection of house hits and beyond. The award-winning venue offers panoramic views of Dubai’s fireworks. 9pm-3am.
Reservations: Dh950 packages are inclusive of selected house beverages. Dh1,500 packages are inclusive of sit-down dinner. Tickets available at platinumlist.net. For more details, call 055-50084490 or 055-5008518.
5. The ACT’s ‘L’art De Vivre’ at Shangri-La Hotel: With a 1920s theme and a black tie, black and gold dress code, this event is for those who like to dazzle. London’s DJ Kayper will be providing music right into the New Year. 8pm-4am.
Reservations: Couples only; men enter for Dh950 while women enter for Dh650, inclusive of unlimited house beverages and selected canapes. For more information, call 052-8119900 or 052-9729131.
6. Analogue Room, The Q, Holiday Inn, Barsha: DJ Ronaldo, Siamak Amidi and Shadi Megallaa will be taking over the decks at the Q. 10pm-3am.
Reservations: Dh250 per person. Tickets available at platinumlist.net. For more information, call 050-8833172 or 050-7242056.
7. Barasti, Le Meridien Mina Seyahi: Best known for being half of Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince, and for his recurring role on Fresh Prince of Bel-Air as Will Smith’s character’s best friend, Jazz, DJ Jazzy Jeff will be spinning records deep into the New Year. 7pm-4am.
Reservations: Dh210 for advance tickets and Dh260 at the door. Tickets available at platinumlist.net. Tables range between Dh3,000-Dh5,000. For more information, call 04-3181313.
8. Great Gatsby, Cavalli Club: Cavalli Club will rename itself the Cavalli Club Mansion as it takes patrons back to the 1920s. This, complete with vintage music, entertainment, flapper and cigarette girls. Burj Khalifa fireworks will be streamed live and the club will have indoor fireworks of its own. 8pm-3am.
Reservations: Dh1,150 for men or Dh950 for women, inclusive of drinks only. Dh1,650 for a package inclusive of both a four-course dinner and drinks.
9. Greatest Show on Earth, Cirque Le Soir: A spectacle that comes with a warning: ‘Not for the faint-hearted’. This circus-themed performance promises ‘strong men, bearded women and lion tamers’ for fans of less conventional celebrations. 10.30pm-3am.
Reservations: Tickets are Dh990 for men, Dh790 for women, inclusive of unlimited house beverages. Tables are Dh1,500 per person. For more information, call 056-1154507 or 050-9955400.
10. The Party Tonite, Mexican-themed party at Crowne Plaza Hotel, Shaikh Zayed Road: DJ Aakrisht from Mumbai will play Indi pop, Bhangra pop, hip-hop, Bollywood and disco.
Reservations: Couples Dh950, single Dh550, children 3-10, Dh150, includes buffet dinner and two premium beverages per person. Separate kids’ area and free babysitting. Tickets at Chinchaaus Restaurant, Karama (04-3575250), Qusais Al Nahda (04-2510011) or call 04-3373724.
11. District Lounge’s Black & Gold Party, DIFC: From 9pm until late, one of Dubai’s biggest urban DJs, Dany Neville, will be behind the decks. For a breath of fresh air, guests can enjoy the lounge’s terrace.
Reservations: Dh600 per person, inclusive of unlimited house beverages. Tables available from Dh7,000. For more information, call 050-8802285.
12. The Last Laugh, Al Wasl Ballroom, Dusit Thani Hotel: Designed to tickle your funny bone, this event is inclusive of a dinner buffet, a stand-up comedy show and a view of the fireworks. Headliners are award-winning comedians Mina Liccione and Ali Al Sayed. The evening starts at 8pm and ends with a DJ set.
Reservations: Tickets are Dh550, inclusive of dinner, available at comedy.ae. For more information, call 050-4400994.
13. Glow Twenty 14, Emirates Towers Godolphin Ballroom, with Sana Khan, Raghav and Jaz Dhami.
Reservations: Dh500 (single) and Dh900 (couple), with unlimited beverages all night. Call 050-6000836.
14. Mo*Vida’s Lace & Leather, Radisson Royal Hotel: At this NYE masquerade ball, patrons are invited into a world of mystery and intrigue by keeping their identities a secret until the end of the night. With a ‘glam and mysterious’ dress code, attendees are encouraged to wear masks, lace and leather. 11pm-4am.
Reservations: Dh500 per person. Dh10,000 for table of up to 8 people. Call 055-174 4449.
15. La Fiesta, O Cacti: Strictly by reservations and guest list, O Cacti offers dinner and a show. With three different five-course meal packages set at varying prices, the event offers fine Mexican cuisine. Onstage will be live acts Salsa Y Caribe, Gilberto Moncada, La Fiesta Samba Carnival and Coco Loco Tribes.
Reservations: Dh500 for bronze package, Dh700 for silver package and Dh900 for gold package. For more information, call 055-5773373.
16. QUBE Sports Bar, The Track, Meydan Golf: If you’d rather ditch the club tunes for classic hits, QUBE is ringing in the New Year with a live rock band and a buffet dinner. 8pm-2am.
Reservations: Dh179 for buffet dinner. For more information, call 04-3813780.
17. Spin Dubai @ Wafi Pyramids: DJ Bliss, alongside DJ Masterstepz, will be taking over the decks at Spin Dubai for a night of hip-hop and R&B hits. Style code is ‘dress to impress’. 10pm-4am.
Reservations: Dh500 per person, inclusive of unlimited house beverages. Ladies get in for Dh300 before midnight. Tables have a 5 person minimum requirement, at Dh800 per person. For more information, call 056-1331020, 050-2882123 or 056-6786887.