I love Okra (aka Bhindi), and N doesn’t. This is where potatoes come in – to make the meal bearable for him. So, this is how it goes:
- Okra – 300 gms (washed, dried and cut in 1/2 inch pieces)
- Onion – 1 (large; finely sliced)
- Tomato – 2 (small/medium; chopped in cubes)
- Potato – 2 (large; diced to the same size as Okra)
- Green/Red Chilies – 3
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1 tsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tbsp
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Add oil to a deep pan, and add onions. Saute till they turn translucent (make sure they don’t turn brown).
- Add ginger garlic paste, coriander powder, turmeric,red chili powder and salt to sauted onions, and cook for about 2 mins
- Once all the spices are mixed well into each other, add tomatoes and potatoes. Let them cook for about 5-7 mins, or till tomatoes become tender. You can cover the lid during this time, and stir occasionally to make sure its not sticking to the base. You will know that its done when you see tomatoes drying out, and oil appears on the sides.
- Add Okra to the pan, and mix well. Do not go aggressive with spooning; mix well, cover the lid, turn down the flame and let Okra and potatoes cook for about 10 mins. Stir occasionally. When you think your veggies are almost done, add green chillies on top and let it cook for a minute more.
- Dish out, and serve with chapati and yogurt. And don’t forget to share your reviews!