A new study found that dudes are more tense than ever before— mostly because of crazy work pressure caused by the crappy economy. Luckily, experts say you can help mellow him out by pulling these easy moves. Bonus: You’ll score serious relationship perks too, since he’ll feel closer to you as a result.
1. Put out a bowl of chips. Chowing down on crunchy things helps instantly de-stress the brain. That’s because the physical effort it takes to chew works some of the tension out of his body—similar to what it’d be like if he were squeezing a stress ball.
2. Get close, but don’t cuddle. When men are anxious they usually prefer space. So, cozying up in his arms will just irritate him. However, research shows that when you’re within three feet of him, his body starts producing oxytocin (a love hormone that relaxes him) at a high level. If you’re hanging on the couch, get close enough that you’re thighs are barely touching but you aren’t wrapped in his arms. Or, if you’re in bed lay so that you can just feel his body heat.
3. Challenge him to Wii Tennis. A game like this requires his physical and mental attention, meaning he’ll be so distracted he won’t even remember that he’s feeling on edge. Plus, when his competitive nature kicks in and he starts to sweat his body will release dopamine, serotonin and a ton of other happy chemicals.
4. Serve him a fruity cocktail. You can’t exactly spring for a vacation every time he comes home after a bad day at work. But you can create a relaxing vibe by serving up a tropical drink that’ll conjure up the feelings he had last time he was on the beach. Sure, he’d never drink something so “girlie” around his boys, but when you’re alone men like these kinds of sips just as much as you.
5. Put on a funny YouTube video. Scientists have proven that laughter—both hearing it and doing it yourself— can actually put someone in a better mood. Pull up a funny clip you’ve seen recently and show it to him. And be sure to laugh with him, your smile will help him lighten up.
Source: Yahoo! Shine