If you have even a mild interest in technology, you must have heard of the upcoming IFA Berlin 2017. Running from 1-6 September, the exhibition presents the latest products and innovations, attracts visitors from over 100 countries and many mainstream brands chose this platform to announce their products at IFA, for obvious reasons – media, traders and customers all under one roof.
If you are a newbie to IFA (like myself), here are the 4 things you need to know before you buy yourself a ticket and join the club:
- IFA 2017 will take place at the Berlin Exhibition Grounds from 1 – 6 September, whereas IFA Global Markets will be taking place from 3 – 6 September at STATION-Berlin
- The event is ticketed (unless you are invited), and daily passes are priced from 13 EUR onwards. Link with details at the bottom.
- Like every year, new launches are what most people are looking forward to. Rumour has it that:
- Samsung will launch Galaxy Note 8, along with next–gen Gear S SmartWatch and the fitness-focused Gear Fit 2 Pro
- LG will introduce LG V30 (the successor to LG V20), with more screen space and a few extra features. Also, there are whispers about a bigger LG V30 Plus making rounds as well
- Sony might launch another Xperia flagship or mid-range phone to follow on from the Xperia XZ Premium
- As Lenovo and Acer both have press conferences booked at IFA 2017, prophesiers are anticipating some new Windows laptops, gaming machines, and hybrid tablet devices
- Philips will unveil its latest connected toothbrush – hello sparkling teeth!
- Neither Apple nor Google will grace IFA with their presence.
IFA is as much about mainstream brands as it is about quirky and innovative stuff brought to Berlin from all around the world by upcoming developers – everything from home cleaning robots to transparent displays. If you are in town and want to see some cool gadgets, check out IFA’s official website (link at the end) and you might like what you see.
Das ist alles für jetzt. Bis bald meine liebe!