I love Quesadillas and I love cheese burgers. So when Delish posted a recipe that combined my two favourites, I had to try it. Also, it looked simple and delicious.
Initially, I thought that I might need to alter the recipe just a bit for I like my food spicy. To my surprise, all I had to do was replace pepper with chilli flakes. Also, I cooked the meat until it was charred (literally), as I can’t stomach that meaty smell.
I used 0.50kg meat, and ended with three Quesadillas. Also, it took me about 45 minutes in total.
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 0.5kg ground beef
- chilli flakes (or black pepper)
- 1/2 c. ketchup
- 3 tbsp. mustard
- 3 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic paste
- 2 10-in. flour tortillas
- 2 tbsp butter (I used olive oil instead)
- 4 slices cheddar cheese (you need to shred them but I was kind of lazy, so used slices instead)
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, pour in 3tbsp olive oil. Cook diced onions until translucent. Add beef and cook until it is no longer pink. Add garlic paste, and season with salt and chilli flakes. Cook until the meat is brown (or if you like it beyond well-done like me, go on for about 30 mins). Drain any excess liquid from meat.
- Add ketchup, mustard and Worcestershire sauce to the meat. Stir until fully incorporated. At this point, the aroma will make you drool.
- In a clean skillet over medium-high heat, add 1tbsp oil and let it heat. The original recipe called for a tbsp butter, but I didn’t have any, so replaced it with oil. Place a flour tortilla down. Fill half with the meat mixture and top with two slices of cheese. Fold the tortilla over and let it brown. I gave each side about two minutes.
- Serve with ketchup, mustard and a side of sweet corn. Pringles Hot & Spicy would go very well as well. Just saying!