Konjac actually comes from a potato-like plant in Asia that is both cultivated and grows wild at high altitudes. The Japanese have used Konjac for over 1500 years as a food source and over the last century, they began using the Konjac potato as a weird yet wonderful beauty treatment.
WHAT DOES THE KONJAC SPONGE DO?
The Konjac sponge is an extremely gentle cleanser for both face and body. It is recommended to have two separate sponges, one for your body and one for your face. The sponge acts as a gentle exfoliator, delicately rubbing off dead skin cells. The super soft texture means anyone can use it, newborn babies included – they even have a sponge specifically made for babies too!
HOW TO USE THE KONJAC SPONGE?
- Soaking the sponge in warm water will make the sponge’s texture softer. You can soak the sponge with warm until it’s fully expanded – approximately by one and a half time.
- If you have make-up on, it’s best to remove your make-up using your favourite cleanser with the sponge to make sure your face feels super amazing. Clean your face with the sponge using circular, upward motions. This will give you a lifting effect, deep cleanse and will massage your face at the same time.
- You can cleanse your face or body either with or without applying a cleanser.
- Avoid rubbing acne or irritated skin too roughly.
- After use, wash the facial puff/body sponge under the water. Press gently with two hands for rinsing the facial puff/body sponge out. Please do not wring it.
- Extra steps are needed when it comes to caring for Konjac sponge in a hot country like the UAE. To avoid harmful bacteria’s, hang the sponge near a well-ventilated area such as bathroom windows.
- If the sponge surface is becoming cracked, it’s time to replace a new one.
- Typically you should get 3 months out of your sponge.
- Time for a new one? Throw the old one in a plant pot. It will gladly feed your plants!
The Konjac Sponge Co. sponges are available in Holland and Barrett, The Organic Café, Make Up Etc. and Basharcare.com, and retail at AED 60 and up.