WhoWhatWear did a quick round up on all that’s trendy and must have for the season – and we couldn’t dare not share it with all you lovely folks! So here’s what WWW’s Managing Editor, Meghan Blalock, has recommended (read:ordered) for all the fashionistas this chilly season, recounting the most notable trends of the F/W 14 season!
1. Wearing pajamas in public is a trend that started a couple seasons back, and it’s still going (very) strong.
2. Lace-up details on everything from pants to blouses to dresses has made a big appearance this season.
3. One word: shearling. The furry fabric is huge this season, and not just on jackets and outerwear.
4. From python prints to metallic materials, fancy finishes of all sorts have made the street style scene a much more vivid place.
5. Skirts-over-pants is a more recent trend we’ve been seeing everywhere from Paris to New York.
6. Knit matching sets provide a weather-appropriate update to one of summer’s most popular trends.
7. If shearling is the king of fall trends, then blanket coats are the queen.
8. Fringe held strong, with everything from bags to ponchos to dresses boasting the bohemian-inspired look.
9. Thanks largely to Saint Laurent, sparkly boots have adorned the feet of many, many stylish women this season.