Last year, when Vogue Italia came to Dubai, it elevated the region’s status as the upcoming fashion hub and attracted designers, stylists, editors and media from around the world.
A year has passed since then and Vogue Fashion Dubai Experience is set to return this October 2014 with a stunning bang. This season is set to be bigger and better, with an array of heavy weight designers and upcoming artisans as well.
Heavy Weight Fashion Champions
Vogue Italia has handpicked designers to reveal their new collections at the opening day’s catwalk show. So, who’s participation? Here’s the list for you:
- Stella Jean designed by Stella Jean (Italy)
- Piccione Piccione designed by Salvatore Piccione (Italy)
- Christopher Esber designed by Christopher Esber (Australia)
- Asudari Studio designed by Lamia Asudari (Saudi Arabia)
- J. JS Lee designed by Jackie JS Lee (South Korea)
- Madiya Al Sharqi designed by Madiya Al Sharqi (UAE)
- Miuniku designed by Tina Sutradhar and Nikita Sutradhar (India)
- N°3 designed by Bushra Badri and Amira Al Khaja (UAE)
Emerging Designers at Vogue Fashion Dubai Experience
A further 20 emerging international designers have been selected, for the first time, through a talent scouting competition, to present their S/S 2015 collections at exclusive International Talents Showcase at Armani Hotel Dubai.
- Anabela Chan from the UK for Anabela Chan
- Astrid Sarkissian from France for Astrid Sarkissian
- Odély Teboul and Annelie Augustin from France and Germany for Augustin Teboul
- Faiza Bouguessa from France/Algeria for Bouguessa
- Carlotta De Luca from Italy for Charline De Luca
- Martina Grasselli from Italy for Coliac
- Dora Abodi from Hungary for Dora Abodi
- Lubna and Nadia Al Zakwani from Oman for Endemage
- Eun-Jung Lee from South Korea for Eun-Jung Lee
- Heaven Tanudiredja from Indonesia for Heaven Tanudiredja
- Hema Kaul from India for Hema Kaul
- Farah Nasri from Lebanon for Hooked | HKD
- Eva Lai from the USA for i’Alave
- Marius Janusauskas from Belgium for Marius Janusauskas
- Millicent Nobis from Australia for Mies Nobis
- Kostya Omelya from Ukraine for Omelya Atelier
- Reem Al Kanhal from Saudi Arabia for RK Designs
- Sarah Angold from the UK for Sarah Angold Studio
- Shamsa Alabbar from the UAE for Shamsa Alabbar
- Steven Tai from Canada for Steven Tai
In addition the second edition of the event, backed by major fashion brand Vogue, will feature a range of workshops and panel discussions.
Abdulla Lahej, group chief executive officer of hosts Emaar Properties PJSC, said: ‘The first edition of Vogue Fashion Dubai Experience elevated Dubai to the league of a global fashion capital. This year’s selection of emerging and new designers is a testament to the incredible potential of the region, and serves as a platform to further strengthen their global outreach. We are privileged to host the talents selected by Vogue Italia, one of the most influential fashion magazines and a leading name in the global fashion industry, and to showcase their collections, mentored by Franca Sozzani, Vogue Italia Editor-in-Chief. With VFDE, we are not only bringing the best of the fashion from around the world but also giving regional and international talents the opportunity to unveil their true potential.’
I am very excited about the experience – can’t wait!!